Connecting forces - securing futures: To enable Canadian policing
organizations, partners and stakeholders to implement innovative,
practical solutions to human resource planning and management challenges.
This web-site has been organized to get you to the information
you need easily. We’ve structured and interlinked the site
to ensure a dynamic and progressive “campus” where you'll
find valuable resources
on the HR issues that matter most to the
What's in it for you
• access to information you need on all aspects of
HR planning and management
• opportunities to interact with colleagues and to access
and submit research
• a national forum to share successful management approaches
• a means to track trends and latest issues in the news
• the opportunity to participate in research/policy activities
for effective HR planning
• enable a nationally integrated policing “sector”
• facilitate sharing and networking
• support the sector through an information, knowledge and
• enable efficiencies in planning and managing of HR resources
Who Are We
The council consists of a volunteer Board of
Directors - including senior leaders from police services/agencies,
unions, police boards, training institutes, federal/provincial/
municipal governments, and stakeholder associations - and a small
full-time office staff.
Sector-wide, integrated, effective HR planning and management -
a sector that is informed about its environment and the impacts,
networked with all partners and stakeholders in the policing mission,
and integrated and effective in its planning and management. Functioning
as a “sector” means maximizing efficiencies and economies
of scale and optimizing high performing, sustainable policing.
The site will be updated regularly with the information you need
and want to share.
This is your site and your Council - the value of this site depends
on your willingness to give and share your HR research, policies
and practices, and the ideas that are enhancing the delivery of
policing services in the communities you serve.
Please let us know about issues of particular interest. We want
you engaged - to ensure we are
working for, and with you, to address
the issues that are keeping you awake nights.